Interesting TimesDeath List 17.1
Definitely died - on page
- A guard - attacked by Cohen. Was generally around the place. Here and there. Certainly hanging around (pg 69)
- A tea girl - decapitated by Lord Hong (pg 75)
- Guard Captain Four White Fox - had his throat cut (pg 133)
- An assassin - killed by Lord Hong (pg 172)
- A plump courtier - to be killed slowly over several days with lots of boiling oil (pg 177)
- A guard - killed by a sword through the back (pg 193)
- Another guard - dead (pg 194)
- Yet another guard - dead (pg 210)
- 2 more guards - dead (pg 211)
- Another 2 guards - dead (pg 215)
- The Emperor - killed by Lord Hong's men (pg 219)
- The Lord Chamberlain - killed with a knife (pg 231)
- Lord Nine Mountains - poisoned (pg 247)
- A soldier - killed by Hamish's axe (pg 302)
- 3 samurai - beheaded by Cohen (pg 303)
- 6 more samurai - killed by the rest of the Horde (pg 303)
- Lord Fang - eaten by Luggage (pg 329)
- Lord Hong - blown up by the Barking Dog (pg 341)
- 'Teach' Saveloy - blown up by the Barking Dog (pg 342)
Definitely died - off page (ie referred to by someone)
- Lord Hong's father - killed by Lord Hong (pg 38)
- 5 other people - also killed by Lord Hong (pg 38)
- An officer - executed (pg 74)
- 30 rebels - executed in Sum Dim (pg 82)
- Mr Whu - his funeral is taking place (pg 128-129)
- Favourite Pearls parents - died, the cadre was all she had (pg 161)
- A tax collector - the description of what Truckle and Bruce the Hoon's
Skeletal Riders did to him involved sweeping arm movements (pg 188)
- The Emperor's nephew - killed by the Emperor (pg 191)
- Mrs Twoflower - dead (pg 194)
- The Mad Bishop of Pseudopolis - killed in his bath (pg 213)
- 29 people - they incorrectly answered the question "Would you rather die than betray your Emperor?" (pg 217)
- Bruce the Hoon - last seen with his head on a spike (pg 221)
- Two Fire Herb - was taken away to have his head cut off. (pg 229)
- The Green Necromancer of the Night - the description of what Cohen did
to him made someone sick (pg 244)
- Lady Two Streams - taken to the dungeon and given poisoned food to eat
- All 4 of the- - killed by Truckle (pg 250)
- Voltan the Indestructable - dead (pg 317)
- Immortal Jenkins - dead (pg 317)
- Crowdie the Strong - eaten by the Terrible Man Eating Sloth of Clup (pg 319)
- Organdy Sloggo - died from metal poisoning. 3 swords through the stomach (pg 319)
- Slasher Mungo - presumed dead in Skund as they only found his head (pg 320)
- Gosbar the Wake - died in bed (pg 320)
- Big Nurker - choked to death on a fishbone in his gruel (pg 320)
- 6 trolls - killed by Nurker (pg 320)
Might have died
- 4 guards - attacked by Cohen (pg 69)
- A shopkeeper - Old Vincent set him on fire (pg 158)
- Captain Nong - may have been eaten by Luggage (pg 328)
- Millions of people butchered or tortured to death by the Hongs, the Sungs,
the Tangs, the McSweeneys and the Fangs (pg 11).
- People who couldn't write a decent poem to save their lives and sometimes
hadn't (pg 74).
- The assassins occasionally sent against Lord Hong who were sufficiently
competent to keep him interested & observant & entertained (pg 80-81).
- Caleb the Ripper killed more than 400 men with his bare hands (pg 87).
- Truckle the Uncivil cut the heads off the Mad Demon-Sucking Priests of
Ee (pg 134).
- The Red Army crushed all the Bandit Chiefs (pg 150). A large number of
deaths probably occurred.
- People were taken into the Forbidden City and only bits of them were
seen again. Usually their heads on spikes over the gates (pg 154).
- People eaten by Truckle's dog (pg 159).
- The Emperor played chess with live pieces (pg 163).
- 2 dozen ninjas attacked the Silver Horde. At least one wasn't killed
- Bruce the Hoon and 1000 men attacked Al Khali (pg 221)
- Cohen did something nasty with his thumb to the Mad Snake Priests of Start
- Cohen always kills Grand Viziers as soon as he meets them (pg 244). Given
his long life and the large number of Grand Viziers this would be a quite
- Cohen has killed 2,000 or 3,000 people not counting Dwarfs or Trolls
- The Silver Horde (all 7 of them) battled the 5 armies (all 700,000 of them) during a fierce storm. The 7,000 members of the Red Army were also later
involved. The Red Army trod on people and killed others in a more traditional
manner. Soldiers were also killed by exploding Red Army soldiers (the Golems)
and more soldiers were killed in brief inter-army battles & by their own sides (friendly stab). The exact death toll would be quite large - however the Silver Horde suffered no casualties.
- There was a skirmish in Bes Pelargic in which a couple of streets were
destroyed (pg 342).
The L-Space Web is a creation
of The L-Space Librarians
site is maintained by A.H.Davis